653 reviews analysed
1. Heat Cable for Pipe Freeze Protection, 24 feet, with Built-in Thermostat and 16 Feet of High-Temp Installation Tape, Heavy-Duty, Self-Regulating, 120 volt
- THIS CABLE WILL NOT TURN ON UNLESS IT IS IN A COLD ENVIRONMENT. We’ve received a couple bad reviews from people testing the cables in their living rooms. Please don’t be that guy.
- AMERICAN SUPPORT: Knowledgeable, Minnesota-based company with expert support staff you can actually speak to! We are excited to help with your installation questions. Email us at [email protected]
- TAPE INCLUDED: 16 feet of high-temperature glass cloth tape is included with this cable.
- HEAVY DUTY: Integrated thermostat turns cable on at 37 degrees, off at 50 degrees, greatly reducing energy waste. Cable is 8mm wide and includes a 24” unheated cord (add to stated cable length). Cable has commercial-grade outer jacket for long life and carries a FOUR YEAR WARRANTY, which is double the warranty of similar cables on Amazon. Will not short or burn out if cable is overlapped.
- USES: Use on the inside or outside of all types of water carrying pipe including copper, steel, PVC, ABS, PEX, concrete and more
- can be exposed directly to water and is rated for soil contact.
THIS CABLE WILL NOT WORK unless it is in a cold environment. We’ve received a couple bad reviews because people ‘tested’ the cable in their warm living room. Eye roll. Please don’t be that guy. The built-in thermostat will NOT TURN THE CABLE ON unless it is in a cold environment. Now for the good news, this kit includes 16 feet of high temperature glass cloth tape for installing your cable. Pipe Freeze Pro is a commercial-grade, self-regulating heat cable which provides years of reliable freeze protection for pipes of all varieties, including copper, steel, PVC, ABS, PEX and more (pipe diameters up to 2”). It may also be used in drains and culverts through the winter months to promote drainage. Don’t buy from companies without a human available by phone. Heat cable is technical stuff and it’s great to have solid advice on how to install it. We are the only heat cable seller on Amazon who is a simple phone call away. Eat that off shore competitors! Pipe Freeze Pro is jacketed with a commercial-grade fluoropolymer and comes standard with a flame-retardant thermoplastic interior jacket. Our 16 gauge heating wires are 200% thicker than the conductors found in cheap, constant wattage cables like EasyHeat and Frost King. Thicker conductors mean greater heating efficiency, more melting power and long term cable integrity. Pipe Freeze Pro is self-regulating, meaning it ‘asks’ for more energy as it gets colder outside and less energy when it’s warmer. The entire length of our cable is temperature sensitive such that colder areas demand more power than warmer areas. Smart stuff. The stated cable length DOES NOT include an additional 24” unheated cold lead. For example, a 6 foot cable is 6 feet plus 2 feet of unheated cord. Installation is simple. Run Pipe Freeze Pro along the pipe, secure with fiberglass cloth tape (included) every 12 inches and wrap with standard pipe insulation. Read the manual for full instructions, of course.
2. Grip Clip Heat Tape Pro for Ice Dam Prevention Heavy Duty – Self-Regulating – Plug-in Ready Heat Cable – 120V, 6 watts/FT (37 Feet + 10 Foot Cold Lead)
- AMERICAN SUPPORT: Knowledgeable, Minnesota-based company with expert support staff you can actually speak to about ice dam prevention. We are excited to help! Email us at [email protected]
- USES: For use on flat roofs, metal roofs, asphalt roofs, rubber roofs and more.
- HEAVY DUTY: Heat Tape Pro is a commercial-grade self-regulating heat cable that substantially outperforms cheap cables such as EasyHeat and FrostKing.
- WARRANTY: Best-in-Industry 5 year warranty – ETL Listed – WILL NOT short or burnout if cable is overlapped and can be used on flat roofs and metal roofs, unlike cheap cables.
- HEADS UP! Please don’t forget to order Radiant Solutions Company Roof Clips with this product – visit www.heattapecalculator.com for cable length and accessory recommendations.
We have actual humans available by phone. Heat cable is technical stuff and it’s great to have solid advice on how to install it for your ice dam prevention project. We are the only heat cable seller on Amazon who is a simple phone call away. Eat that impersonal, off shore competitors! Our cables are bad ass and so is our customer service. We’re not sure if we can swear on Amazon, but we just did. Radiant Solutions Company is a direct-to-consumer manufacturer with over 25 years in the business of ice dam prevention. Unlike cheap cables, Heat Tape Pro can be overlapped during installation, can be installed on flat roofs, metal roofs and rubber roofs, will not light leaves on fire under any circumstance and operates effectively when it’s 15 degrees or colder outside. Oh, and Heat Tape Pro is self-regulating, meaning it ‘asks’ for more energy as it gets colder outside and less energy when it’s warmer. The entire length of the cable is temperature sensitive such that colder areas demand more power than warmer areas. Hence the term “Self-Regulating”. Heat Tape Pro is serious stuff and holding it in your hand will tell you as much. It’s a worry-free, long term solution to your ice dam problems. Our cable creates melted pathways through ice or snow on your roof that allow water to escape instead of backing up through your roof system. Problem solved. Heat Tape Pro can be used for roof and gutter de-icing as well as pipe freeze protection. It’s suitable on pipes as small as ½” in diameter and can be used on both metal and plastic pipes. Be sure to order recommended installation accessories including Roof Clips and Downspout Hangers if needed.
3. HEATIT Mobile Home 100-feet HEATIT HTM Braid Self Regulating heating cable Water Line Freeze Protection
- HEATIT is registered Trademark by zhukeshi (We didn’t authorize other sellers in Amazon.com). HTM self-regulating pipe heating cable system is designed for mobile home and other dry applications etc. Can be used on residential metal or plastic water supply and drain pipe freezing protection.
- ETL approved. Tinned copper braid as the out jacket as well as electrical ground. Self regulating heating cable just deliver the heat where is need. The cable output will adjust automatically based on the ambient temperature at each point along the cable. No worry about overheat risk. More Safe. Can be used by straight, spiral and overlap. More functional.
- Additional tools which you may need: High quality electrician’s tape such as HEATIT glass cloth tape, 1/2” thick fiberglass insulation with vapor seal, wire cutters or heavy scissors, Phillips#2 slotted screw drivers, Ruler or measuring tape.
- HEATIT HTM connection kit is necessary for the pipe freeze protection application. Please purchase this kit separately.
- Quick test: Once insulation is finished, plug the cable into a 120V AC outlet. Don’t use any of the water for about 1 hour. After that turn on the tap on HEATIT HTM protected pipe and test the water temperature. You should feel the slight warm from the water.Three year limited warranty. If you are not completely satisfied with HEATIT heating cable, please feel free to contact us in any time, we’ll try our best to solve your issue
4. HEATIT JHSF 80-feet 120V Self Regulating Pre-assembled Pipe Heating Cable
- JHSF doesn’t work unless the ambient temperature is below 37F/3 degree C. Please test the cable in a cold environment. HEATIT is registered Trademark by zhukeshi(We didn’t authorize other sellers in Amazon.com).
- Suitable for use on plastic and metal water pipes.( including inlet pipe,drain pipe, sewer , palm tree frost protection etc). Self regulating heating cable output will adjust automatically based on the ambient temperature at each point along the cable. No worry about the overheat risk. More Safe. Can be used by straight, spiral and overlap. More functional.
- Pre-assembled, easy to install. Including grounded plug with light, built in thermostat(turn the cable 37F on 50F off), and instructions. 120 volt, 3 watts/ft at 50 degrees F. Energy-efficient. Protect pipes up to 2″ in diameter. For a better freeze protection, at least 1/2 inch thick insulation material is recommended, especially for extremely cold weather.
- ETL approved. 2 ft 18/3 cold lead with plug. Industrial grade heat shrinkage tube for connection.The lowest installation temperature of this heating cable is -10 degree C. Tough XLPE as inner insulation and weather resistant PE (high-low temperature) as out jacket. Ingress Protection 65. Durable
- Testing the cable before the installation. Uncoil the cable, plug in the heating cable and then put the thermostat part of the cable into an ice bucket for few minutes. When the temperature is below 37F, the thermostat will energize the cable to work. Normally you can feel the slight warm on the heating cable in few minutes. Four year limited warranty. If you are not completely satisfied with HEATIT heating cable, please feel free to contact us in any time, we’ll try our best to solve your issue
5. 250 ft. Self Regulating Heating Cable, 120V
- Price For: Each Standards: UL Listed and CSA Certified Includes: Cable Only Features: Self Regulating, Automatically Adjust Heat Output Item: Self Regulating Heating Cable Voltage: 120 Watts per Foot @ 40F: 6 Amps per Foot @ 40F: 0.050 Max. Circuit Length: 200 ft. Cable Length: 250 ft. Mounting Location: Wet or Dry Country of Origin (subject to change): United States
‘ Self Regulating Heating Cable, Mounting Location Wet or Dry, Cable Length 250 ft., Max. Circuit Length 200 ft., Voltage 120, 6 Watts per Foot @ 40F, 0.050 Amps per Foot @ 40F, Features Self Regulating, Automatically Adjust Heat Output, For Use With Roofs, Gutters, Downspouts, Roof Drains, Marine, Lighter Plastic or Metal Pipes Up to 8 In. Dia., Standards UL Listed and CSA Certified, Includes Cable Only ‘
6. EasyHeat 2102 Freeze Free Heating Cable – 100′
- Self-regulating pipe heating system
- Provides flexible protection against pipe freeze-ups in even the most challenging applications
- Reduces power consumption when the pipe does not require freeze protection
- Ideal for use on residential metal or plastic water supply and drain pipes subject to freezing temperatures
- Length: 100′ and rugged metal braided jacket provides an electrical ground as well as protection against damage
EasyHeat Freeze Free self-regulating pipe heating cables provide flexible protection against pipe freeze-ups in the most challenging applications. The cut-to-length technology is ideal for installations that require protection of numerous pipes of varied lengths. The self-regulating effect of the cable reduces power consumption when the pipe does not require freeze protection. They are ideal for use on residential metal or plastic water supply and drain pipes subject to freezing temperatures; water supply lines underneath manufactured homes; and cottages, barns and outbuildings that are not regularly used.
7. TOPDURE TDSF Self Regulating Pre-assembled Pipe Heating Cable 60-feet 120V
- Heavy duty self regulating heating cable. Prevent pipes from freezing. Highly durable.
- Can be installed by spiral, crossing, straight etc. No overheat risk.
- Pre- assembled with power indicator light and built in thermostat (Below 37F ON, Over 50F OFF).
- 3W/ft @ 50F Lower temperature, higher wattage. ETL approved.
- 2ft 18/3 cold lead with grounded plug. 2 year warranty.
8. Frost King 099000 Self-Regulating Thermostat for Heat Cable Kits
The thermwell products roof cable thermostat will help you automatically Regulate the on and off settings of a roof cable kit. The light lets you know when it is working. Power shuts off at 50°f.
9. HEATIT JHSF1 Self Regulating ROOF & Gutter DE-Icing Pre-Assembled Heating Cable 125-feet 120V
- HEATIT is registered Trademark by zhukeshi(We didn’t authorize other sellers in Amazon.com). Suitable for use on plastic and metal water pipes( including inlet pipe,drain pipe, sewer, palm tree frost protection etc). Industrial grade self regulating heating cable. The cable output will adjust automatically based on the ambient temperature at each point along the cable. No worry about the overheat risk. More Safe. Can be used by straight, spiral and overlap. More functional.
- Protect pipes up to 2 1/2” in diameter. For a better freeze protection, at least 1/2 inch thick or thicker insulation material is recommended, especially for extremely cold weather. If the ambient temperature is lower than -20°F(-29°C), please use 1” thick insulation material.
- ETL approved. 50 degrees F for pipe freeze protection.3 ft 18/3 cold lead with grounded plug.
- Roof deicing application: Can be used on flat roofs, metal roofs, asphalt roofs, rubber roofs, slate roofs, stone roofs, metal roofs, ceramic roofs, composite (tar and gravel) roofs and so on. Rated 10W/ft at 32°F (0°C) for roof deicing. For roof deicing application, you may need to buy clips and hangers separately. For the circuit breaker requirement especially for the cables which length is over 100ft, please check the listed picture.
- Testing the cable before the installation. Uncoil the cable, plug in the heating cable. Normally you can feel the slight warm on the heating cable in few minutes. Two year limited warranty – If you are not completely satisfied with HEATIT heating cable, please feel free to contact us in any time, we’ll try our best to solve your issue.
10. KING SRP126-75 Pre-Assembled Self-Regulating Pipe Trace Roof/Gutter De-Icing Heating Cable with Plug, 120-Volt, 75-ft / 120V
King’s self-regulating heating cable provides convenient, reliable freeze protection for variety of pipe and roof & gutter de-icing applications. The heat output (wattage) increases and decreases automatically based on changes in the climate conditions. This unique feature maximizes energy efficiency, increasing energy output only when it is needed to prevent pipe freezing and ice buildup on roofs & gutters. No thermostat is required. Rated 6 watts/foot at 40º F, (4ºC) for pipe freeze protection. Rated 8 watts/foot at 32º F, (0ºC) for roof & gutter deicing. Pre-terminated with 30 inch grounded plug and end splice. Suitable for use on metal and plastic pipes. Suitable for metal and nonmetal gutters and downspouts. Cable will not overheat or burnout when overlapped. 16 gauge heating cable buss wire. 2 year warranty. ETL listed for USA and Canada
By our suggestions above, we hope that you can found Self Regulating Heating Cable for you.Please don’t forget to share your experience by comment in this post. Thank you!